International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance
Alliance internationale pour la gestion de l'eau de pluie (IRHA)
Alianza internacional para la gestión del agua de lluvia (IRHA)
“The Best Poster on the Advantages of Rainwater Harvesting”
The Raindrops Geneva Award is an art competition organised by the IRHA to promote Rainwater Harvesting and to increase public awareness on the importance of this topic.
For the fourth edition of this competition we looked for posters that illustrate the uses and/or benefits of rainwater harvesting.
The International Rainwater Harvesting Alliance is pleased to announce that the jury, chaired by Mr. Christian Rümelin (Chief Curator, Graphic Arts Department of the Arts and History Museum, Geneva) and made up of Mr. Jérôme Baratelli (Head, Visual Communication Department, HEAD Art & Design School, Geneva), Mr. André Klopmann (Vice Secretary, Chancellerie, Geneva), Mr. Alain Dick (IRHA, President) and Ms. Vessela Monta (IRHA, Executive Director), have now reached a decision and selected the three posters that best illustrate the uses and benefits of rainwater [cf. Rules of the Competition].
With over 750 submissions of very high quality entered from 77 different countries, selecting just three posters was not an easy task. All posters were reviewed carefully following a set of criteria specified in the Rules of the Competition and supplemented by the jury:
- The force and artistic value of the message, including technical and aesthetic considerations;
- The expression of the advantages of rainwater harvesting for mankind and nature;
- The pertinence of the presented experiences/examples of rainwater harvesting;
- The format: graphically speaking does this submission work as a poster.
The selection process was conducted as follows:
- All posters were saved anonymously* into one file.
- Out of all posters, 125 posters were preselected, using the above mentioned criteria. Any posters not matching the requirements stated in the Rules of the Competition were automatically excluded.
- The Jury discussed the remaining 125 posters: the jury reviewed the posters left in the competition and were able to reduce this figure by selecting those that stood out round after round. After long hours of debate, the overall number of 750 posters was reduced to just 15. It was decided that all 15 posters would be printed and presented at the Raindrops Geneva Awards 2013 Exhibition that will be held for a week on 21st March 2014 in the World Famous Courtyard of the Geneva Town Hall, with the support of the Republique et Canton de Genève.
- Selection of the three winning posters: A handful of posters clearly stood out and were voted on by the members of the jury. Each member of the jury was allowed three votes. The winning posters were those that received the majority of votes.
IRHA congratulates the following three winners:
1st Prize (1’000 CHF): Kateryna Korniienko-Heidtman for “Rainwater Use for Life”
2nd Prize (600 CHF): Eva Kay Norrington for “Smallest of Gestures”
3rd Prize (400 CHF): Jason Holmes for “0.3%”.
The authors of the 13 posters shortlisted for the exhibition also deserve a huge congratulation:
[Photo Gallery of all 15 posters]
Finally, IRHA would like to say a special word of thank you to all the Arts Schools, Universities and Colleges who not only took part in the competition but fully integrated this contest into their syllabus.
With the Support of:
*All posters were kept anonymous throughout the selection process. The names of the authors of the three winning posters were revealed to the members of the jury only after the final selection had been made.
Click on the images below to download the relevant documents:
|Entry form||Rules of the Competition||Raindrops booklet|
Last inscriptions :
Copyright © 2012-2013 IRHA